I love the combination of fresh fruits and vegetables in this Kiwi Herb Salad with Pistachios and Orange Dressing—the sweet, fragrant flesh of fruits juxtaposed against the earthy, crisp vegetables and the crunch of pistachios. These raw ingredients are off the charts in the antioxidant vitamin C, which is delicate and easily damaged in cooking. And pistachios are rich in antioxidants, such as lutein. Make a point of putting something raw—crunchy, fresh, and whole—on your menu every day. Start with this recipe, which is from my book, Plant-Powered for Life.
clock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
This easy, 5-ingredient vegan, gluten-free salad shines with the bright flavors of orange, kiwi, salad greens, and pistachios.
- 3 cups assorted salad greens with herbs*
- 2 medium fresh kiwis peeled and sliced**
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped raw pistachios
- In a salad bowl, lightly toss together herbs and greens, kiwis, and bell pepper.
- In a small dish, make the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, olive oil, black pepper, orange zest, and sea salt, if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss together. Sprinkle with the pistachios.
*You may use pre-trimmed, pre-washed salad greens with herbs in a bag.
**Try substituting fresh strawberries for kiwis.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 94
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan salad, kiwi salad, healthy vegan salad, easy salad recipe
For more light, refreshing plant-powered salads check out some of my favorites:
Persimmon Brown Rice Arugula Salad with Tahini Dressing
Pear Fennel Salad with Arugula
Fig and Pecan Salad with Balsamic Tarragon Vinaigrette
French Green Lentil Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
Peanut Chinese Cabbage Salad
Green and Gold Brown Rice Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.
Read the full original post here