I don’t go to Costco often but I took a recent trip there and found a lot of Mediterranean Diet Costco finds. Sharing some of my favorites and recipe ideas.
Shopping in Bulk at Costco
I was recently talking with friends and they were amazing to find that I don’t often go to Costco. I have a Costco membership but only go there maybe twice a year. My number one reason – I don’t like buying in bulk.
However, after listening to the items they like to buy there, I decided to make a trip. My specific goal – find Mediterranean Diet friendly foods to create healthy snacks and meals.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of great things that didn’t require me to buy 800 pounds of it. There were a lot of great pantry items like sauces, seasonings, and spices that would last when bought in bulk. Some of the more fresh items I had to pass on because we don’t eat them fast enough.
My Mediterranean Diet Costco Finds
These are some of the items I found and purchased on a recent trip. Please remember that every store stocks different items, so some might not be available where you shop.
Fresh produce at Costco is tricky because you want to make sure you don’t buy more than you can eat before it goes bad. Their fruit prices are pretty great and I tried to only purchase things that we would eat within a week or that we could freeze. Here is what I got –
- 6 pack of Bell Peppers
- Cocktail Cucumbers (my daughter and I love them as a snack or dipping in hummus)
- Power Greens (great for salads and smoothies)
- Living Butter Lettuce (great for lettuce wraps)
There were so many great looking protein sources like chicken, wild alaskan salmon and cod but we had just stocked up on fish and meat so I didn’t get any this time.
These are the refrigerated items I bought –
- Spinach Salad
- This salad kit has spinach, hardboiled egg, dried cranberries, red onion, shredded cheese, tomato and bacon crumbles
- I use my own dressing (the kit comes with a poppyseed dressing)
- This kit is huge and I used it as a salad with dinner for Dan and I for 3 nights
- 100% Pomegranate Juice
- I love using Pomegranate juice in smoothies, to make this Pomegranate and Sparkling Water Mocktail and as a post workout recovery drink
- This fermented food is great for gut health
- I enjoy it on sandwiches or just a forkful each afternoon
- Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce
- This sauce is so good! It’s smoky and has a bit of spice
- We put it on tacos, sandwiches, dip rotisserie chicken in it, use it as a veggie dip
- Stonefire Mini Naan
- My kids love these mini naan
- They eat it plain or I use them for mini pizzas or for sandwiches
I also bought a rotisserie chicken. It’s a great deal and an easy lunch or dinner idea. We enjoyed some for lunch (dipped in bitcoin’ sauce) and saved the rest for tacos or sandwiches later in the week.
I don’t mind buying pantry items in bulk because they are handy to keep stocked for last minute meals. This are the items I bought –
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce (great ingredients, great flavor)
- Wild Planet Tuna
- Nesto’s Roasted Peppers (three pack, great for salads, pasta, antipasto platters)
- Green Olives from Sicily
- Nuts (there are so many great choices…walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc)
These are some of the grab and go snacks that I purchased. Some are for the kids and others are for quick snacks.
- Aussie Bites (made with great ingredients like flax, chia seeds, rolled oats, sunflower seeds and much more)
- Real Fruit Yo Yo’s (my kids love these fruit snacks and I love that fruit is the only ingredeint)
- Made Good Granola Mini’s
- Wonderful Pistachios
I also bought a few bottles of wine. They have some local ones from the area I live in (Livermore, CA) and a great selection of French and Italian wines.
What Are Your Favorite Costco Finds?
I’m always on the lookout for new things to try, so drop a line below and let me know one of your must have items.
(Visited 8 times, 8 visits today)
Last modified: August 1, 2022
Read the full original post here